ANLoc Localisation training in Ghana[edit source]
Wikipedia in Tatar[edit source]
Dear friends, may I ask you to add a hyperlink to our Tatar Wikipedia (http://tt.wikipedia.org) to yourr Front page. Tatars - are turkic nation living in Tatarstan Republic, second biggest nation in Russian Federation. hope to hear from you soon. sincerely yours, Muhtac 21:43, 20 Ɔbenem 2011 (UTC)
I'm a Ghanaian and fully ready to help![edit source]
My name is Nyarko Rexford. I live in Koforidua, in the Eastern Region, Ghana.
I'm a High School graduate. I'm an Akan and speak about 3 dialects of Akan.
Im ready and fully dedicated to help update the Main Page of the Akan, at least once everyday. I will also add more articles to it in Twi. Since I'm a Ghanaian and have spoken the language since infancy, I could detect at least three grammatical errors and three mispelling of the Twi words.
I was wondering why the Main Page was locked.
I'm here to help. Can someone open it for me?
Its about time Twi gets a good facelift.
- Hallelujah!! We are very happy, because nobody of us don't speak Akan and Twi. Unfortunately, we cannot open this for edition, it can do only meta-administrators. Best regards,--Midnight Green 16:35, 10 Ɔgyefuo 2012 (UTC)
- I create the page about your town. - Koforidua
check it please!--Midnight Green 16:39, 10 Ɔgyefuo 2012 (UTC)
It is good to see someone is eager to assist in Twi, will be glad to hear more about it. Thanks. Good luck my friend Nyarko Rexford. Nyame adom. - unisgned comment by 188.8.131.52 11:02, 10 November 2015
The page Koforidua awaits your input.
Is this project viable?[edit source]
- Varlaam: Although there are no contributors to this Wiki, I think it has enough articles to remain here for a while. Maybe returning it into the incubator should not happen now. Masssly (talk) 08:18, 20 Ɔpɛpɔn 2016 (UTC)
Should this project closed?[edit source]
This project is inactive and deleted half of the articles, also the localization rate of most common MediaWiki messages are small, so we should delete and return back to Incubator... Thingofme (talk) 15:37, 24 Obubuo 2021 (UTC)
- Actually, it's not quite true. Some users who actually know the language have been writing good articles, for example @Kwaku Berko and @Xibitgh. Deleting all the "articles" that were written by people who don't know the language and only had five words allows people to actually notice that. Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 16:19, 24 Obubuo 2021 (UTC)
- I'm in contact with people who know this language. Don't worry. You may see big changes here soon.
- If you don't know Akan, or anyone who knows Akan, but you want to help, take the Vietnamese translation of core MediaWiki and Extensions used by Wikimedia to 100%. I wrote a guide how to do it efficiently. It's a fun challenge and it will be of great help to people who know Vietnamese. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 04:38, 25 Obubuo 2021 (UTC)
Should WP-ak be merged with WP-tw? Two under-developed projects for the same language seem like a missed opportunity; perhaps the two groups of editors might be more effective if they were to work together? (WP-tw allows articles in Asante and Akuapem, this project in Asante, Akuapem and Fante.)
For instance, there are stub articles for astronomical objects on WP-tw but not here, but other topics here that are missing from WP-tw. Despite my name, I can't help with this, but it does seem a shame to have so much duplicated effort. Kwamikagami (talk) 04:44, 4 Ɔpɛpɔn 2022 (UTC)
- @Kwamikagami, is it explicitly documented anywhere explicitly that WP-tw allows articles in Asante and Akuapem, this project in Asante, Akuapem and Fante? Or is it just an assumption given that "Twi" includes Asante and Akuapem and "Akan" includes Twi and Fante?
- I've been trying to understand which varieties are actually used here for a while, and I'm still not sure. My guess is that both of them are mostly written in Akuapem and some Asante, and there's no Fante in either, but I might be totally wrong. Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 13:05, 4 Ɔpɛpɔn 2022 (UTC)
- On WP-tw, some articles are listed as being in Asante, and some in Akuapem. The template tw:Template:Dialect accepts the options of Akuapem, Asante and Fante and adds text like Wɔatwerɛ nsɛm wei ɛwɔ Asante kasa mu, though from comments there it sounds like there might not be any Fante. I checked 100 articles and they were about 90% Asante, 10% Akuapem; haven't seen any Fante.
- You might want to ask user:Robertjamal12 on WP-tw. I pointed out on tw:Talk:Kratafa Titiriw that Emiliano WP uses tabs for parallel articles in different dialects, and he found that helpful. Kwamikagami (talk) 13:23, 4 Ɔpɛpɔn 2022 (UTC)
Dear friends, I have noticed that your section lacks even the most important articles about Ukraine, which is the largest country whose territory is entirely located in Europe. Perhaps you would like to create articles about these important things and people from Ukraine who have changed our world with their discoveries in science, works of art or achievements in sports or statehood? After all, they are worth it. Sincerely.
List: en:Ukraine, en:Ukrainians, en:Kyiv, en:Dnipro, en:Ukrainian Shield, en:Ukrainian language, en:Verkhovna Rada, en:State Anthem of Ukraine, en:Kingdom of Galicia–Volhynia, en:Black Sea, en:Zaporozhian Siche, en:Cossack Hetmanate, en:Holodomor, en:Taras Shevchenko, en:Yulia Tymoshenko, en:Sofia Rotaru, en:Andriy Shevchenko, Serhiy Prokofiev, en:Jamala, Illia Mechnykov, en:Volodymyr Zelensky, en:Milla Jovovich, en:Leonid Kuchma, Kazymyr Malevych, en:Ruslana, Roksolana, Serhiy Korollyov, Stefan Banakh, Heohiy Kharpak, Serhiy Bubka, en:Yaroslav the Wise, Oleh Blokhin, Larysa Latynina, Ihor Sikorskyi, en:Nestor Makhno, en:Stepan Bandera, en:Olga Kurylenko, en:Leonid Kravchuk, Heorhiy Gamov, en:Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Volodymyr Vernadskyi, en:Ani Lorak, Volodymyr Horowytz, Vitaliy Klychko en:Lesya Ukrainka, Olexandr Dovzhenko, en:Ivan Franko, Serhiy Bondarchuk, en:Lee Strasberg, en:Symon Petliura, en:Ivan Mazepa, en:Symon Petliura, en:Elina Svitolina, en:Oleg Antonov (aircraft designer), Andriy Danylko, en:Valeriy Lobanovskyi, Mykhaylo Ostrohradsky,, en:Lyudmila Gurchenko, Pavlo Popovych, en:Ivan Kozhedub, Theodosiy Dobzhanskyi, en:Reinhold Glière, Olexandr Archipenko, en:Yuriy Sedykh, en:Valeriy Borzov, Valentyn Glushko, Oleh Sentsov, en:Stepan Makarov, en:Tina Karol, en:Sonia Delaunay, Maria Bashkyrtseva, Hryhoriy Skovoroda, en:Yana Klochkova, en:Vasyl Lomachenko, en:Inessa Kravets, Borys Shaklin, en:Olha Kharlan, Danylo of Halychyna, Mykhaylo Hrushevskyi, Oksana Bayul, en:Erwin Chargaff, en:Lilia Podkopayeva, Oleksandra Ekster, Dmytro Bortnianskyi, Oleh Bryzhak, Yun Kum, en:Mykola Lysenko, en:Bohdan Bondarenko, en:Viktor Chukarin, en:Andriy Medvedev, en:Borys Paton, en:Serhiy Zhadan, en:Lina Kostenko, en:Pavlo Skoropadskyi, Volodymyr Holubnychyy, Serhiy Lyfar, Yuriy Knorozov, Stepan Tymoshenko,Dmytro Levytzkyi, Ivan Piddubnyi, en:David Burliuk, en:Bohdan Stupka, en:Solomiya Krushelnytska, en:Maryna Viazovska, Mykola Amosov, en:Oksana Zabuzhko, en:Viktor Petrenko, en:Yuriy Cheban, en:Viacheslav Chornovil, Leonyd Zhabotynskyi, Daria Werbova, Oleksandr Khanzhonkov, Klym Churyumov, en:Oleksandr Abramenko, Yuriy Lisyansky, en:Mykola Leontovych, Serhiy Loznytsia, en:Yana Shemyakina, en:Oles Honchar, Vira Kholodna, en:Volodymyr Ivasyuk, Yuriy Kondratyuk, en:Ivan Pulyui, en:Vasyl Stus, en:Valentyn Sylvestrov, en:Pylyp Orlyk, Hrygoriy Kriss, en:Kvitka Cisyk, en:Inna Osypenko-Radomska, en:Olena Kostevych, en:Yuriy Drohobych, Valentyn Mankin, en:Mykola Rudenko, de:Oles Berdnyk, Mykola Strazhesko, Yuriy Woronyi,--Yasnodark (talk) 11:02, 16 Kɔtonimma 2022 (UTC)
If you are interested in the topic of Ukraine and want readers who use your language to learn more about this country and its people, culture, science, sports, nature, history, economy and other aspects of reality, you can use the following links:
- Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2022
- and Transport Economics and Transport
- and Medicine Science and Medicine
- and Geography Nature and Geography
- and Society Politics and Society
- Sports, choose from the ones that are missing from your language section and create new articles translating from a language you know or from fonts in your language.--Yasnodark (talk) 11:02, 16 Kɔtonimma 2022 (UTC)